course i'm not in rome - rome would be MUCH more expensive - hong kong is awesomely inexpensive!. here are some other observations to date:
- it's teeming with people. around 6.7 million in a land area comprising a FRACTION of that of new zealand.
- it's the easiest place to get around
- public transport is cheap, fun and straightfoward
- octupus cards rock!
- it's dull. no sun yet :( it permanently feels like late afternoon. well, it is now, but it's felt like that all day!
- the people are really friendly.
- everyone and i mean EVERYONE is talking on their cellphones!
- i've already been to a few side-street markets and NO-ONE has accosted me to sell me something i don't want. not even something i DO want! i'm sure the more well-known markets will be a different kettle of fish.
planning on taking the star ferry to kowloon tomorrow for the day - yeeha! can't wait