My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Friday, July 4, 2008

photostory friday - rainy sunday


PhotoStory Friday


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


after freezing my tucas off umpiring two games of netball on saturday, i was actually glad for the all day torrential downpour and freezing temperatures on sunday.

and when the weather's like this and you don't have to go out,
it's the perfect day to do this......and this

and this.
yep, that's a tv remote doubling as a mike

and what wet sunday would be complete without a little scrappin'?
miss 10 is teaching herself to juggle. all afternoon we could hear two thumps in quick succession, followed by 'DOH!' she'll keep at it though. she has that whole "i-may-be-the-youngest-but-i-won't-be-beat" mentality. love her grim determination
scene-steal much??? lol

21 comments:

tommie said...

thanks for visiting my blog!

Looks like a fun evening.

gigi said...

Yall always look like yall have so much fun at your house! I love those kind of days where it's rainy outside and cosy on the inside.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I'd say it was a productive evening. I love how your cat is staring at the fireplace! CUTE.

Unknown said...

I'm not much into rain but I like how you made the most of it. Especially Ms 10. Hilarious!

Supercool Hotmama said...

Your karaoke singing daughter has a twin in Arizona! Our neighbor looks quite a bit like her, particularly when she's singing (not as much in profile).

So fun to see you enjoying cold weather! We've had 17 straight days with temps of 110 or above. A bit of a chill sounds pretty good right now.

Anonymous said...

great story... yeah this weather is crazy as my blog also shows..... hope the weather good for saturday morning sports tomorrow and the rugby tomorrow night...... i am so sick of the rain
mandyb

Jientje said...

That's a cute family story, looks like you all had great fun!!! Thx for visiting me!

Working Mum said...

I'm with the cat. Sorry it's so miserable over there for your. Would pictures of sunny English countryside help? No, I thought not.

Robyn said...

She is a scene stealer. What a great way to spend a rainy day.

Maggie May said...

Very cosy!
Good singer by the look of your daughter!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Awesome pictures! I agree, a rainy Sunday deserves all those things and more. Glad you were able to turn a rainy day into a sunny one!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like a good day to me!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecily R said...

Seeing your glowing fireplace was a bit of a shock since we are in the middle of a raging summer...but your evening sounds delightful.

Great PSF Scrappy!! Thanks for playing this week!

Daryl said...

What a neat way to spend a rainy day!

Anonymous said...

not much beats a warm fire and some terrific homemade music to encourage a memorable time!

it rains all the time here & we try to create interesting times like this to get our minds off the dreary days - it's too much fun ;)

Anonymous said...

Love rainy days- good excuse to stay in. So where are the pics of all the scrappin you got done?

Kristi Smith said...

Hot and muggy here. I like days in the winter too, when you are stuck in like that. Great family time.

Pondside said...

What a great way to spend a rainy day - but how about curling up under a quilt with a good book too?

United Studies said...

Your family looks so fun!

MetaMommy said...

It's funny when I hear how grim the weather is in other places right now...it just doesn't make sense when we're in the middle of a heat wave. But it sounds like a good change to here. That said, I'm eight months pregnant, so cool weather sounds delicious!!