My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

photostory friday and a true love story


these are my in-laws on their wedding day

1948


2002


my mother in-law birthed SEVEN children

enough for a netball team

or a band
(that's mr scrappy in the red)


for them it's always been about family

17 grandchildren

6 great-grand children





a life totally devoted to family


(on the occasion of their 80th birthday)






the past few years were tough

old age can be harsh and unforgiving


but there are so many happy memories


 




born 2 months apart

married for 63 years

they died within 3 weeks of each other

and it's been a privilege to know them for the past 30 years

they will be missed








Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

7 comments:

Carmel said...

Loveley tribute Sue and some wonderful photos there. Will be thinking of you all tomorrow! God Bless

Janine said...

Beautiful post Sue and what a special couple. My thoughts are with you and the family. BTW a close friend is also going through the same thing at the moment with her parents.

Chris said...

Nice photo story Sis ! they will definitely be missed but you all have loads of good memories ....... I hope everything went well today.

Melinda said...

Oh this is bittersweet and I am so sorry to read this. Thinking of you, the hubs and the girls. xoxo

Michelle said...

A true love story. It sounds like they left behind a wonderful legacy. Hugs to you and the family.

mandyb said...

love this photo story...such a great history to be a part of
xxxx to you all

Kat said...

Amazing. Just amazing. What a blessing they are to all who knew them.
Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm so choked up right now.