My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

tuesday's blog party winner and my life in six words

tuesday's blog party is over and i thank everyone who donated $1
congratulations to roy/elisabeth dean who won the package of kiwiana goodies!
they're on their way (well, almost!)

debi, who organised tuesday's party (snaps to debi!) says $3224 has been raised, which is a fantastic effort.

i received this 'one lovely blog' award from jennifer over at the happenings.

thanks jennifer!

then i turn on my computer on SUNDAY morning, to discover i've won the same award again from veggiemom, who gave it to me as part of six word SATURDAY.



right now, my six words would be

HAD A MELTDOWN. WILL BE OK

i guess that's what happens when you go back to [paid] word after 20 years, and whilst you make the transition easy, the rest of the family doesn't; and at the same time, your husband loses HIS job, and a parent becomes ill.


i do believe change is good. sometimes it happens to fast. sometimes it doesn't happen fast enough. sometimes the concept is simply overwhelming.

meh. i'm sure it's nothin' that can't be fixed with a proper fitting bra.


i'm supposed to hand my award/s onto 15 new blogs i've discovered. it just so happens that i HAVE discovered a few new blogs lately, and i promise to linky love them soon!

17 comments:

Pricousins said...

Hi from SiTS! I got the award for the 15 blogs too and didn't participate. :-( takes too much time! I see you scrapbook? I make cards! nice "meeting" you!

Jennifer said...

You're welcome!
I hope the meltdown is over and things start looking up. Sorry to hear about your husbands job.

Lindy said...

Hang in there!

Skoots1moM said...

you're too funny...got to laff so u don't cry...

relative to meltdown...i'm still melting ;)
can you say menopausal?!
only those who have or are going thru it understand with compassion the suffering of others...and dahlin', i'm feelin' ur pain!
have a wonderful Monday...pretend it's really friday, you'll feel better :)

MsTypo said...

I like your six words! I think i need to put them on a tshirt to remind myself of the latter part. LOL

Mean Mom said...

Congratulations on your award(s)! Glad to hear that the meltdown is over. A similar thing happened to me when I returned to work, after a long absence. Everyone was OK with me working as long as their lives didn't have to change at all. Sorry about your husband's job. We've been in that situation more than once. It seems that no job is safe, nowadays.

Call Me Cate said...

Congrats on the award! I really hope things settle down for you soon while everyone adjusts.

Thanks for playing Six Word Saturday!

Shirliana said...

Oh no, SS. Just hang in there! I'm so sorry to hear about the parent who is ill and the job that is no longer. Just think of this part of your life as going through a tunnel and remember that no tunnel goes on forever, even though sometimes they seem as they do! Keep forging ahead all the while looking toward the light at the end and that will help get you through. Things always get better and they will for you too! Get well wishes for the mom or dad who's sick.

Ria said...

Oh.....hang in there,sweet! I am sure something always come for a reason, and it is always prepared us for the better one.
Have a great week ahead!

Working Mum said...

Meltdown sounds necessary. Good positive attitude.

(6 word comment!)

Unknown said...

It had to be at least a little scary going back to work. I could use those same 6 words.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your awards.

And Oh No! about the meltdown. Things do seems to all happen at once, don't they? I'm sending many international hugs your way. Canadian hugs are covered in powdered sugar.

Holly said...

Hope things work out ... but you sure can laugh about it.

I think it's so cool Tuesday is already ending for you! Here it's still Monday afternoon!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Love your six words - good luck with the bra. :)

Mike said...

Love the graphic


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com
Twitter: AboutParenting
Photo ideas? 100 Portrait Ideas

Anonymous said...

Life's cosmic joke is that it throws multiple adversities at you all at once, instead of spreading it out so you might handle things better. Chin up, chest out, breathe.

Heather said...

OKay so congrats on the new job. I am so sorry to hear about your hub's job. That is not fun. Good luck with finding a new one. I love your six words, I have been feeling that way myself, for different reasons. I came across this saying recently and it is good too ( I like what insider53 said about chin, chest, etc)-- Keep calm and carry on.