My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Friday, December 4, 2009

photostory friday - scrappin' at the beach

so tara and i went scrappin' last weekend. we were without scrappy michelle who had to work (blah), and scrappy sara - who, after organising the whole thing, wasn't recovered enough from her foot surgery - DOUBLE BLAH!!

but the show must go on - there's scrappin' to be done, and it's not like we're not going to organise another weekend in the near future!

so this is where we stayed. your typical "A" frame kiwi bach - right by the sea.


and it was the perfect weather for scrappin...

ie - bleeping miserable


but we didn't care, coz we had EVERYTHING we needed inside

vodka...
check.

good lookin' and well-dressed chef?
near enough...

tunes.....can i hear you say retro?

if you go back up to the photo of the vodka, you'll see my new GEN 5 ipod in miss 20's ipod speaker dock on the windowsill

it wasn't until i went to play my 862 songs that i realialised the two weren't compatible, but that LITTLE SUCKER played out its TEENY TINY speaker for EIGHT AND HALF HOURS.

all hail the mighty apple

...until it died half way through a westlife song

and you KNOW i was singing at the top of my lungs when it happened...

and of course we had food (made by that well-dressed chef)
and more food

so i stayed in my pjs

ALL WEEKEND

coz i can

this is layout i'm STILL working on (a week later!)
and this is a chipboard album for miss 20
and this is a VERY cute layout by tara
i'm working on a similar one

it's a lift. i'll try and find out from whom
there'll be more show and tell in due course

by sunday lunch the weather had cleared enough for a walk along the beach

i thought these wildflowers were pretty cool

and all this driftwood tossed up on the beach
looks like a tsunami hit!

and here are the scrappy chicks!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily

7 comments:

Jaina said...

I would adore a weekend dedicated solely to scrapbooking. How wonderful it must have been!

I'm planning to start my scrapbooking again after the wedding, and I'm super excited because the fiance bought me a Cricut die cut machine. It's going to open the creative possibilities further than I ever imagined!

Pam Emmons said...

You are so stinkin crafty!

DaBudges said...

What an awesome idea! I need a getaway specifically devoted to scrapping...thanks for sharing!

theUngourmet said...

How great that you could take time for this little getaway! Looks like lots of scrappin' fun! :D

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like a nice girls weekend!

Unknown said...

So fun and what great looking food!
I need a scrapping weekend. Actually, I need like a whole month... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I love scrapping, but never seen to find the time or the energy to do it. Maybe I'm just lazy lol.