My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Friday, March 26, 2010

our wonderful weekend part 1

*sigh*.  it was one of those wonderfully busy, not busy, chilled, family, housey, quick out-of-town trip for-a-family-wedding weekends.


first up: friday night.  as luck/preparation/opportunity/planets in alignment-would-have-it, the 6 of us went out to dinner together.  miss 20 said she would come as long as long as i didn't call it a 'family dinner'.  (i could agree to that) - so the 6 of us that comprise our FAMILY, went out to DINNER.

we went to our favourite curry restaurant MASALA, 





...and when we got home, we watch an old movie


can u guess which one?

i deliberately chose old movies.  it's about time the girls saw some, and i figured renting old movies would cut down the debate over which one to watch.





hey!  i don't remember HER being in the movie!
(sorry, i couldn't resist)



i'd only seen BIG once, and i enjoyed seeing it again
everyone else loved seeing it for the first time

the following night we followed it up with 'father of the bride'




PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Momma

11 comments:

KK said...

Looks like tons of fun!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like great fun. I really like big, just wish they had been a little less free with a few words....

Chris said...

Great Weekend -- and a great selection of movies. Sigh...those were the days. :)

I've always wanted to play that giant piano.

auntiegwen said...

Aawh you know I'm going to fit right in when you finally agree to adopt an auntie xxx

cat said...

Now that's what I would call a great weekend. And some great movies.

Unknown said...

That is such a great movie! I have to put that on my list of movies to watch again : ) I loved Big!

Skoots1moM said...

hanks is one of my FAVS...
fun night
and great pics :)
haven't been by in a while...
your girls are so growing UP!

latree said...

a wonderful way to spend the week end..

theUngourmet said...

Looks like the perfect weekend! I love that movie! They just don't make 'em like they used to! :D

PJ said...

It's been ages since I've seen either one of those movies. I don't remember that much about "Big" but I never have cared for Steve Martin, so I'd pass on Father of the Bride.

Sounds like you had fun though!

PJ

Janine said...

awww Sue I am confused, I just saw part two? in Gogle reader and then clicked on it and got part one lol. Looks like the wedding was beautiful, lol at the official photographer getting in the way.

Awwww at old movies. I love old movies.....