My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

photostory friday: gettin' busy

i have not been idle during my past few weeks of unemployment.

in fact, i have gone completely gangbusters on the rumpus room downstairs.

every single inch of this room has been vacuumed and vacuumed good; and it's only partly true that i've moved furniture that's been in the same place for 10 years simply to vacuum up the GOOK with my brand new all-singing, all-dancing dyson.

ok, it's mostly true...

and now for the photographic evidence of all my hard work:


BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:


AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

so to recap:

sold bunks
sold desk
sold bookcase

bought single bed w/trundler

threw out a lot of crap
sorted out even more

feeling pretty virtuous right about now...

on the job front:  on monday i had a 1-day contract which was pretty cool, and i'm starting a one month contract on monday.   FULL-TIME!

yikes!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the full time bit - just remember to keep breathing in and out and the month will simply fly by!

Margot

Queenie Jeannie said...

You go girl!! Everything looks great!

cat said...

What a pity - as you are starting on Monday you can not pop over and help in my house?

Great job girl.

Elizabeth said...

Good job! Doesn't it feel so nice to complete such a big task?

Unknown said...

Holy Wow. You did a lot of stuff during your time off. That is uber impressive!

Angela said...

Can you come to my house next? Everything looks fantastic there!

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Me too--I've got a basement that needs a good cleaning. Can you come over???

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

good luck with the new contract.

And, if you need more to clean, I'll be sure to send you my address.

Chris said...

You know...Utah really isn't THAT far from New Zealand.

Could you swing by?

latree said...

great job!

theUngourmet said...

That is just awesome! It looks so much roomier! Hey, can you come to the states and help me with my house? ;D Best of luck with the new job!

Libby said...

and yet there's still room for jam sessions!
Congrats! Reorganization is the hardest thing ever (to complete!)

tiarastantrums said...

that is one huge room!