as soon as you vacuum your floors, 1 or 3 or all of your cats will bring in a bird and make this mess.
in other news:
- after 6 weeks or so as a lady of leisure, i've landed a contract with the human rights commission in an executive assistant position. it's a WAY COOL job with WAY COOL people. i'm job sharing, so working 5 mornings, with 2 1/2 weeks full-time starting next week.
this contract runs through until mid-september, or maybe november!
i finish at 12.30 and get the 1.02 train and am home before 1.30 which gives me 2 hours before the girls get home.
it's VERY civilised.
- i'm officially over winter. it seems to be getting COLDER instead of warmer. the weather is WILD tonight. wild i tell you.
- my baby will be 21 in exactly 12 days. my eldest baby that is. she's gone flatting and it's going swimmingly. our relationship improved 375% pretty much the instant she left home. many others will tell you that this is the way it goes.
we (she and i) couldn't be happier about it.
- i went to a quiz last night (and you KNOW how i love a good quiz) and we got 2ND!!! played our joker in the wrong round (we would have won), but that's the way the cookie crumbles. i discovered that ALFRED NOBEL and TAIO CRUZ have something in common.
wanna know what it is?
DYNAMITE. (i did not personally know this).
- my eyelids are heavy. with worry. nothing i'm prepared to share, but i know how supportive y'all always are, so i'm just putting that out there. for now, let's file it under 'parenting causes worry' and leave it at that.
- i'm not alone wishing that saturday morning sport will be cancelled tomorrow!
this does not make me a bad parent. i've umpired TOO many times in the rain this winter. last week i umpired INTO sideways rain with water running down the inside of my neck. kinda like that time i was umpiring with water running down the inside of my bra.
- august is going to be a very social month. mr scrappy and i are participating in several wellington on a plate food festival events - yeehaw! fuel espresso tasting evening, a murder mystery dinner, and the courtney cocktail crawl, just to mention a few - bring it!!!