coz i'm a nerd, and nerd's can be a little ocd (well, this one is) and as a scrapbooker, i also love numbers
like that time i took a photo on the 6th of july in 2008 at 11 seconds and 10 minutes past 9
(i'll give you a minute)...
anyhoo - today was GORGEOUS, as are these lovely ladies, 2 of whom i went on a lovely walk with, because i'm currently AWOL from zumba with a calf strain
after the walk and before we all went our separate ways, i insisted we take a photo
at 11.11AM on 11/11/11
(because we can)
then i used PIXLR-O-MATIC to apply the filter (on my iphone)
the rest are our 'prior to 11.11am' photos where we mucked around to get the best angle for the sun
which we didn't quite manage to perfect
but who cares!!!
and some trivia to finish:
11.11.11 is special because there is no other date that consists of all the same number. The day comes around once every 100 years, meaning today is the only time many people will be alive to experience the unique date.
- Some websites are predicting the date 11.11.11 marks the end of the world because the comet Elenin, Earth, Venus and Mercury are expected to align.
- 111111 x 111111 = 12345654321
- 11.11.11 marks the 93rd anniversary of Armistice Day. Armistice Day was the last day of WWI. It is observed with one minute of silence at 11am.
- The date is seen as being a lucky and many people around the world have chosen to make it their wedding date. Thousands are expected to flock to Las Vegas... there's no forgetting the anniversary!
- The number 11.11.11 is a classic example of apophenia, the human urge to see patterns in essentially random events.
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli