My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Friday, March 2, 2012

10 random facts about ME #LeapBlog

in honour of February 29

(which has already come and gone!)

My childhood nickname was - i didn't have one, but my sister did.  she was called 'noddy' (from the children's book) because she would literally fall asleep ANYWHERE.  i felt left out because i didn't have a nickname so dad gave me one, but it never 'took'.  i guess you just can't force these things!  looking back, i don't mind that i didn't have one.

If you want to spoil me rotten, buy me a cabin on a cruise liner with a deck and porthole (and a private butler wouldn't go amiss either!).  less expensive options for spoiling me include: breakfast in bed, flowers or any other kind of unexpected treat.

The television character i most identify with is - GRACE from Wil and Grace.  just the dorky and funny and creative bit tho.  i have bigger boobs than her and i'm definitely not as lazy!

If i had a whole day to go shopping and money to spend, i would go to TIFFANY's.   just because i could.

The most wild and crazy thing i have ever done (that i can admit to publicly) is jumping on a plane and flying half way around the world to meet total 'strangers'.  3 times.  blog friends aren't really strangers tho.  they're just friends you haven't yet met in person.

The one thing on my bucket list that i am most eager to do is going on a cruise - see above.  i'd be happy with a small one around the pacific islands, but then i'd like to 'graduate' to one around the greek islands.

My family will always be loyal to each other.  family is everything.

If i could spend a day with a celebrity i would choose OPRAH.  she's awesome.  enough said.

In my opinion, the best invention in the history of the world is - well, PRACTICALLY speaking, REFRIGERATION was pretty damned handy, but for me - it'd have to be the made-at-home-but-tastes-just-like-a-bought-one COFFEE MACHINE!

When life hands me lemons, i look for a kid with a paper cut - KIDDING!!!!!  it'd have to lemonade.  being positive is so much more fun than being negative.



6 comments:

Michelle said...

Kids with paper cuts? Now that is funny. So looking forward to meeting you sue.

Jessica said...

I've never been on a cruise either. They do sound terrific. Maybe one day!

Rajean said...

I also loved Grace and she'd be fun to hang out with I think. Her character, not sure about the actress. Have you watched Smash yet this season, she stars in it. Fun playing along in this #leapblog.

mandyb said...

great list!!!
when you go on that cruise
i wanna come!!!
on my list too

btw love the races post...never been and never won any money!!! your friends look like they have the luck though!!!

Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy and Bashful} said...

I do heart my coffee maker, that's a good one! Have fun in NY!!!

Grand Pooba said...

Ha! I love your last answer, even if you were just kidding...