My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
welcome to my corner of the blog world! i love step, boxing, zumba, scrapbooking, photography, watching movies, walking the hills of my suburb, my family, and life in wellington. take some time to have a look around and be sure to say hi!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

wordful wednesday and my 7 year old self

i can't believe i haven't participated in a WW since May last year!
where DOES the time go?

i've been scanning in old photos for my upcoming 50th birthday photo board/slide show
i think i actually remember having this photo taken, or sitting in the same room (the library) watching 'i am joe's heart'

as i look at this photo - i wonder what i would tell my 7 year old self?

* see that "Dr Seuss" Sleep Book over your right shoulder?  when you're 50 years old, you'll still own a copy of this book with your name written on the inside cover

*see those glasses you're wearing?  i know you hate them because your mum couldn't afford anything else, but when you're in your late 40s and you need glasses again, you're going to be able to afford any frames you want, and you get some really RAD pink ones

* you ARE pretty

*you won't ever be super smart, but you will be crazy mad funny, super organised and a GREAT friend.  you'll marry a great guy (who happens to be super smart) and you'll have gorgeous daughters, who are funny AND smart)

*you won't always have asthma and stand on the sidelines whilst others have fun, and you WILL get to have some awesome sleepovers and not have to go home because somebody else's central heading made you wheezy.  in fact, in your late 40s you'll become crazy fit.  it's TRUE!!!

*hand-knitted clothes like the cardy you're wearing now are COOL.  you just have no idea.  wearing handmade stuff doesn't make your family cheap

*your hair won't ever be straight and that's ok

*it really doesn't matter what other people think.  as long as you're a good person with good intentions, it REALLY. DOESN'T. MATTER.



Live and Love...Out Loud    Better in Bulkand then, she {snapped}





9 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Proof that you were awesome from the get-go!!!! Great post and LOVED the photo!

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

Adorable!
I was randomly thinking earlier this week what I would tell my 7 year old self---how funny!

auntiegwen said...

I love this so much xxx

Claremont First Ward said...

That is the cutest picture ever, and I LOVE your advice to yourself. LOVE!

mandyb said...

very cool post
and great pic!!!!

mandyb said...

wahoooooooo love this post and love the pic of you!!!

Unknown said...

Oh that photo of you is adorable! And I am pretty sure I see some of your girls in that face... ;)

Terra Heck said...

I think that's a super cool way to reminisce over old photos. Happy 50th, by the way!

cat said...

This is lovely Sue! Such a great post - and cute photo too